Saturday morning we went to the zoo. They were having an Easter egg hunt in their north meadow that we did not participate in because it was far too busy and crazy, but it did mean that we had to wait in line before the zoo opened...
Tenley managed the wait just fine because she hitched a ride on daddy's shoulders...she does look a bit bored though!
A boy and a monkey...I'll let you decide which is which.
Tenley, the queen of adventure, is climbing a rock with Great Grandpa Jim in the background at the ready if she falls.
Ethan in the cave underneath the rock Tenley is climbing in the above picture.
Ethan and Tenley sitting on a Komodo Dragon statue...."It's a dragon!! RAAAAAAAAAAARR"
After the zoo (and naps of course) it was time to have everyone over for dinner (and lots of presents for the kids). They both got tricycles and helmets. They don't really get the whole pedaling thing yet, and it's remarkably difficult to explain...but they still had fun.
Oma Cheryl and Ethan
Oma, and Great Grandma & Grandpa with Ethan.
Tenley isn't actually going anywhere in this picture, but she sure is giving it a good try!
Tenley and Daddy give it a go. She wasn't a huge fan of the helmet after a while. I think they're going to love the trikes when they get the hang of it. I personally think we need to get them a couple of big wheels...but then they'd never get a turn because I love riding big wheels (and yes, I can indeed fit in AND ride a big wheel still...photographic evidence exists, but that's NOT the point).
Then came Easter Sunday. We all (Lars, the kids, me, Cheryl, Casey, Rachel, Jim, and Jean) went to Salty's on Alki for their awesome Easter brunch. My camera wasn't charged and I got very few photos on Easter...Cheryl is sending me more, so I can put up additional photos in a few days.
The Easter Bunny visiting our table. The kids each got a piece of candy, and upon his leaving the table Tenley told the Easter Bunny, "I need another one in 2 minutes!"
I said 2 minutes Bunny, better get it right!! That's the look of determination, I wouldn't mess with her!
Lars finishing prep work on Ethan's brunch plate....although they were given many delightful options, both kids pretty much just ate fruit. They didn't even like the frozen Twinkies at the chocolate fondue fountain...good for them, I hope it stays that way.
The kids and Lars sitting so nice at the table.
The 4 of us....you can't tell in this picture (though I hope Cheryl's family pic is better) but I totally bought us all matching outfits...because I rock. We're all wearing white, yellow, and gray. Cheesy and adorable at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment