For example, the other day at the dinner table Ethan said, "Mommy, I'm upset." I said, "You're upset? Why?"
"Yeah, I'm upset." he repeated.
"Why are you upset?"
"Because I was cryin" he responded.
"Oh, you were crying? Why?"
"I was cryin."
"Are you ok now?" I asked.
"Yeah."
Well...ok, that was an interesting story little dude.
Both of the kids can count to 10, although sometimes they skip a number (or repeat one). Ethan can do his whole alphabet, though he routinely skips "k".
Tenley is quite the fashionista, and often picks out her outfit as well as Ethan's...when it comes to their Seahawks gear (or Weehawks, as Tenley says), they always wear it at the same time.
Being that I'm quite behind on updates and pics, here is us decorating Valentine's day cookies. We didn't do any St. Patrick's Day themed desserts, but the other day the kids did help me make cupcakes. I wish I'd had the camera for that because they did such a great job of helping. The recipe called for 3 eggs, so I cracked the first one to show the kids how it's done and they each got to crack one of their own. To my surprise, about 99% of the egg went into the bowl, and almost no shell! They were excellent mixers, and did great work getting the cupcake papers into the pan. They've helped in the kitchen 3 nights in a row now. Last night they helped me prep asparagus (again with surprising accuracy) and tonight they helped me make buttermilk biscuits (the kneading, rolling and cutting). It's a mess, but it's adorable.
Great Grandma Jean & Great Grandpa Jim sent Valentine's gifts and a sheet of stickers. If you can tell in the picture, the stickers were on Ethan's shirt, and then were neatly transferred to the middle of their toy drum. After that, they were systematically moved to the coffee table! I'm not a fan of stickers these days.
Every day when I get home from work, I bring my coffee cup from my morning coffee into the house with me. The kids always ask me for some coffee, so on this particular day I made them some very very weak decaf coffee and (mostly) milk...also, some mint milano cookies for dipping. They enjoyed it. Ethan is doing the "Ahhhhh" (the sound you make after taking a refreshing drink of something) face/sound. Yes, Tenley is wearing Ethan's hiking boots. She loves them.
I'm always surprised at how we were all right when we said that Tenley would develop her physical skills first and Ethan his language skills. From the time they were first holding up their heads or making sounds, it's been like that. Tenley is fearless, she'll try any physical feat (especially if you ask her not to) but she isn't super chatty and prefers not to say something if she doesn't quite know how. Ethan, on the other hand, is a bit nervous and reserved with physical stuff, but he'll repeat anything he hears. He laughs when it seems like the correct social response, and is pretty sensitive...Tenley is crazy daredevil girl. Also though, she is very agreeable to what other people want to do. You can talk her into any movie or game or book...Ethan pretty much has to get his way or he'll freak out. Tenley is equal parts diva and tomboy, she can spend 10 minutes going through her pajama drawer to find just the right ones ("No, not THAT one!") and she'll also play with worms at every opportunity. Ethan doesn't care what outfit Tenley picks for him for the most part, but he won't come close to touching a worm (because, "it's a snake!").
I'll post some more pictures from a recent outing tomorrow or this weekend. Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment