Saturday, March 26, 2011

Children's Museum

We took the kids to a children's museum in Everett a few weeks ago, and they had an awesome time. The rooftop has a huge jungle gym that Tenley really had a blast on.


She really is fearless!



There were a ton of little inside display/play areas that were a lot of fun. A farm, a vet office, a pizza parlor, an airplane, a city bus, and a water themed play area. Here's ethan tossing "seeds" into a "grain silo". He actually did a really good job. He loves to throw and catch.


Tenley and Lars...not sure which area they're in, but I'm sure they were having fun!


Ethan splashing in the water area. He got the hang of the different water powered things pretty quickly...Tenley prefered to splash and try to drink the water.


Maybe because she's not quite tall enough to do anything else...this exhibit is for kids about 6 inches taller! Hope she gets used to being short...I personally was too short to ride the Dumbo Ride at DisneyWorld when I was 5...and that ride is specifically for little kids! At least I'll be able to share those stories with her if she ever feels sad about being short.


Here's Ethan riding a huge horse stuffed animal in the farm area. There was a mean oldre kid (like 5 or 6 probably) who sincerely attempted to shove Ethan off the horse onto the ground (about a 3 foot fall). He wasn't successful and I gave him a really sincere glare. Going to the kids museum made me wonder what the heck is wrong with some parents...who lets their mean 5 year old run around pushing 2 year olds? I told Lars I'm bringing my brass knuckles next time we go! Try to push my kids, I DARE you :o)


Ethan is a huge fan of city and school busses when he sees them, so it was very exciting that he got to sit in one and push all the buttons. I think it was his favorite part of the day.


Tenley, on the other hand, LOVED the jungle gym area. Running, jumping, and climbing are big time favorites for her.

The rock wall was confusing for both of the kids though...even with help it seemed that they didn't get the concept of using the rocks to climb on. I promise you though, if we had a rock wall in the house, they'd figure out how to climb up to things they weren't supposed to have in a really big hurry!


Speaking of climbing...on the rooftop there was a 3 story tall spiral slide. Tenley wanted to go down it (of course) and after doing it once while sitting on my lap, she decided she was an expert. In this picture I was starting to go up the stairs to the top of the slide again with her. She turned and held her hand out (in the universal "stop" sign) and said, "No mommy, I do it...you stay right here." Umm...ok. So I waited (heart racing and panic setting it) at the bottom of the slide. She did just fine...and laughed the whole way down, then went and did it several more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment