Sunday, October 10, 2010

1st Hair Cuts

Sorry for the delay...we got their first hair cuts done a few weeks ago but I didn't have time to post before I went to Arizona for my 10 year class reunion (yikes, I'm old!)

As you can see in the pictures below, Tenley did just fine and Ethan did not! I ended up having to sit in the chair with him because he was crying so much. I felt really bad for the stylist, she tried to go quickly but there were a ton of curls to get through!!


If you look closely at the picture you can see sad little tears on his face...horribly enough, this is one of the "happier" looking pictures that were taken during the torturous ordeal. Poor little guy. They caught the first curl that was cut so we could keep it, but when the second curl fell it landed on my hand and Ethan looked down at it and said, "Oh no!" It was so sad and cute. I agreed with him, it was sad to see his crazy curls get cut.


Tenley was mostly annoyed by the smock I think, but she did totally fine. She didn't need nearly as long of a haircut as Ethan so maybe that's why she did so much better. We decided to just trim the hair that falls in her face all the time. She didn't get any hair trimmed from anywhere except in front of her eyes...not really bangs though, just enough so she can see!



He was fine for about 45 seconds in the chair until she got out the water bottle to spray his hair. We thought he would like it since he sprays himself in the face with a similar spray bottle at home all the time! Maybe it's not so fun when it's a stranger doing it...



Tenley looks a bit concerned about the sharp scissors but it was over with so quickly I think there wasn't really any time to get potentially worked up about it.



After hair cuts we went to the beach to play and throw rocks, because that helps you forget the trauma of the first hair cut! As you can see, Tenley looks pretty much the same except that she can see out of both eyes even though her har still lays in her face. Ethan looks like a little man now, but I'm happy to say that a few weeks post hair cut he still has a massive amount of curl in his increasingly thick hair! Tenley's hair gets more and more curl every day, but I don't think that she'll ever have the curls her brother has...something tells me that they'll each envy the other's hair some day!

I'll be posting soon about a trip to the pumpkin patch...

No comments:

Post a Comment