Well, this morning was the first day of daycare for the kids. Prior to 1.75 hours ago, they've never been cared for outside of their own home (unless we were out of town on vacation!) We've been talking about it for 2 weeks and they got to visit twice before today. They were excited about it (shockingly, I was not).
Here they are all dressed in their new outfits that they picked out for the occasion.
Backpacks and all!
Getting ready to leave the house...
An earlier start than pretty much every other morning of their lives, so Tenley was still yawning as we left the house!
Getting into Daddy's car with their new car seats!
Since it was the first day, I went along as well but normally Lars will drop them off by 7:00am and I'll pick them up on my way home from work. Tenley, being more independent, was pretty much ok with us leaving. Ethan put up more of a fight (which of course made me cry...but I would have anyways). I only showed a few tears in front of the kids, but when we walked out of the room I kind of completely lost it. Lars thinks it's funny.
It's a really nice daycare, and I'm sure they're going to have a great time making new friends (first friends, really!) and playing all day. Plus, I can call the room and talk to them whenever I want to. I'm not sure how often I'll want to though since I think that calling all the time would only make it harder for all of us!
It's a short week for them as that the daycare is closed for Good Friday, so that will be a nice transition along with all of the Easter fun stuff we have planned for the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment